Raw Cherry Chia Jam- sugar free


Look what our lovely neighbour gave us! Perfect, ripe cherries, straight from her tree! My husband used most of them to make a delicious, tofu-based cherry ice cream, and I decided to make some chia "jam", which has been on my must-make list for months now. The colour was a little disappointing, but I think if you were to use the kind of cherries which are dark red inside the jam would look more jam-like.


2 cups fresh cherries, washed and pitted
40-60ml (2-3 tabs) agave nectar- depends how sweet you like it
2 tabs ground chia seeds



  • Blend the cherries briefly (literally a couple of seconds if you are using a high speed blender).
  • Stir in the agave and the chia seeds.
  • After a few minutes, the chia seeds will "set" the jam.
  • Store in the fridge.

Comments

  1. Our neighbours gave us some cherries too, not homegrown - but foraged, so lovely. So glad you got round to making chia jam, only thing I noticed about it, it doesn't keep well, so has to be used within the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wondered how long it would last, especially being raw. I know some people freeze theirs in small batches, which is what I would do next time. Enjoy your cherries 😊

      Delete
  2. This looks soooooo inviting and tempting. Beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherries! YUMMO! I can almost taste this treat thru the computer screen!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- feedback from you really helps me to decide what to post, and I love hearing from you- thanks :)

Popular Posts