Raw Vegan Tagliatelle Marinara with Cheese- low carb

 
My "noodles" are like tagliatelle,  but you can also make spaghetti or linguine if you use a spiralizer
I have been following a roughly 80% volume (as opposed to % weight or calories) raw diet for about 5 days now, and here's what I made for my first raw dinner:
It's quick and easy to make this alongside a more conventional cooked meal for the rest of the family, and it provides an appealing combo of textures and tastes. I was quite impressed with the courgette "pasta", although it's nowhere near as filling as the real thing so I did have to eat a bit more than usual. Nevertheless, this meal contains plenty of vitamins, minerals and protein from the cashew cheeze, and although it's low-carb it does satisfy. If you let it stand for a while, the "pasta" soaks up the sauce and gets even more noodle-like, too.

Serves 1-2:
1 med-lg courgette (that's zucchini if you are in the States)
2 large ripe fresh tomatoes
plenty of fresh basil leaves for sauce and garnish
a pinch of black pepper
1 tsp of miso
1 tab extra-virgin olive oil
a pinch of compound hing
fresh olives for decoration
slices of cashew cheeze and/ or vegan parmesan

  • Wash and de-end the courgette, and use a Y-shaped peeler to create pasta-like ribbons, Set aside.
  • Put the sauce ingredients (leaving out some of the basil for the garnish) into a food processor or blender, and after a few seconds you should have a nice smooth sauce.
  • To serve, pour the sauce over the noodles and top with generous amounts of vegan cheese (see above), olives and some fresh basil leaves.

Comments

  1. So sorry to anyone who has tried the first 2 links unsuccessfully- they are now live :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! Courgette pasta is one of my favourite meals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- I think its becoming one of my favourites too. I had it yet again yesterday, with some blended up celery and green pepper in the sauce as well. Yum!

      Delete

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- feedback from you really helps me to decide what to post, and I love hearing from you- thanks :)

Popular Posts