|This is from the previous batch- the new ones got eaten before I had a chance to snap them!|
500g mashed tofu (or tofu made with 2l unsweetened soya milk and drained rather than pressed)
1 large red pepper
100g white or hispi cabbage (the tender, pale green pointed one)
1 tab sweetcorn kernels
1 flax egg
1 tab tomato puree
1 1/2 tsps seasalt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp compound hing
2 tsps dried mixed herbs
1 tsp turmeric (haldi)
2 tabs yeast flakes
2 tabs olive oil
- Mince the red pepper and cabbage very finely, saute them in the olive oil until soft and set aside, along with the sweetcorn kernels.
- In a large bowl ,combine the mashed tofu, the turmeric and the yeast flakes.
- Mix in the vegetables.
- Add the seasalt, pepper, hing and herbs.
- Next, stir in the flax egg and the tomato puree.
- Shape into patties and place on an oiled baking tray. Cook in the oven at 200C until just starting to brown, turning carefully halfway through. (You could try frying them too, but I don't know if that would encourage them to break up.)